Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Pity Party is Officially OVER!

The pity party is officially over! It has been an incredibly hard month and a half, starting at Easter with the unplanned move of my mother in law (with us), then my mother (with us), throw in a couple of graduations and a funeral (my mother in law’s husband) and we’re done! I managed to keep my head above water most of the time and now I am finally able to b-r-e-a-t-h-e. This marathon “oh no” session reminded me of 2004 when my Dad, Brother and Cousin died within a few months of each other and life felt completely out of control. And part of me gets pissed off at the exclamations that escape from people’s mouths – as if it were my fault. Or rather I kept taking it personally and felt embarrassed. Embarrassed that my life contained so much freakin upset and chaos not to mention the doom and gloom. So during this 2006 version, some martyrdom kicked in and before you knew it, a full-swing pity party was happening. When Katie Couric quit her job and they were talking about her husband and sister dying within the same year, I had my “ah ha” moment. It’s not just in my life, everybody has tragedies and death and crisis. It made me stop feeling sorry for myself and move on. Nuff serious talk…

Saturday was the Four Corners Bus Tour and it was a blast. The past two times they gave the microphone to some young girl who giggled for 8 hours and it was kind of annoying. This time, no microphone and I’ve made a bunch of friends in the Yahoo group so it was a TOTAL blast. Talked to some new people…especially Laura who owns THREE dachshunds. My kinda girl! Bought tons of new product and still haven’t played with it… but will do soon! Had a great time and both me and my pocketbook were weary at the end of the day.

Sunday I trotted into Stinkadina, I mean Pasadena for the Rubber Stamp Expo show and it was so-so. I picked up the Creative Memories blades I needed and a few other trinkets like Staz on ink pads with refills in light aqua and butter yellow... Pretty sure that show won't be here next year. Very poorly attended by sponsors, probably because it's the week before convention and not the week after.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear things are settling down and your coming up for air. glad you had fun on the bus tour too! :-)