Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Midweek Hump Day

Where do I begin? After zipping through Google news, I stopped at the story about the New Jersey govenor who has been in the hospital since April 12th with all kinds of broken bones from an automobile accident. At the very end of the story, it states that his Suburban was clocking 91 mph and he wasn't wearing a seat belt. Sigh. What a way to get taken down a notch. It seems that today I am spending time reading about anything but VT. I've heard bits here and there but haven't focused on it. There is so much in the air that I think I am getting it by osmosis. On the bright side, a VT alum in Houston is putting together care packages for the students. All 26,000 of them. Gotta love that.
The garage sale on Saturday at Maridawn's was a great success. I had a fun time visiting with a great bunch of women, made a new friend, learned some new stuff and swapped some stuff. It was kind of funny because everyone was doing it. It went something like this... Oh, this looks neat. Take it. Oh, no, I couldn't. Yeah, sure you can - just take it. Okay, you look at my stuff and see what you want...
I've been enjoying looking at this website, Grandinroad. It's very Pottery Barnish with some great outdoor furniture. Speaking of PB, I LOVE those people. My beautiful seagrass chair arrived today and looks comfy and wonderful in the living room. There was a tiny flub up with the delivery that I mentioned in the survey and the wonderful lady who called me today is sending a $50 gift card for my trouble. Man, I need more trouble! I love a good company who understand customer service. Makes all the difference in the world.
Saw Wicked on Sunday night and it was excellent. It was the last performance in Houston. I loved how the story was weaved and came together at the end. Very cute. I imagine you could see it several times and catch something new each time. It's that way with Phantom of the Opera for me.
I've tried several times to post pictures from different events and nothing happens so I'm going to say goodnight now.

No comments: