Saturday, June 02, 2007

Weekend

It's the start of another great weekend - not alot scheduled and hopefully some time for scrapping or shopping for scrapping. A couple of good ideas in my head, rolling around. Last weekend I put the finishing touches on this Donna Downey project that we did in Vancouver in March. It's Bazzill 3 x 5 chipboard that you punch a hole and add little tags with sayings from 7 Gypsies. I love this project because it takes old photos out of the box, into the light of day. On the back side of each tag is the word. And yes, those are all of me, from the 60s. I love the first tag of Baby Me with my Dad. I've bought more chipboard from Scrapbook.com because I definitely want to do another one - different theme. We also used our Fiskars drill which was cool since it had been new in the package. I like learning how to use the stuff I have! At some point, I want to complete the Ali Edwards book "Evolution" - mainly because I have the photos printed plus I LURVE the transparencies and went nuts afterwards and bought a billion of them, along with the billion my BSBFF, Jeanne (and world's most totally awesome roomie) collected for me. What is life without having your peeps getting your back at the lss! Man.
So the new PB catalog arrived, along with PB Home and I almost missed this shot: Isn't that a cool use of a vintage Hamilton printer tray? Several months ago, some English blogger did a throwdown about printers trays and I was all into it - I think she did a seashell theme with patterned paper. She offered to sell and send an extra tray but as usual, I went ebay searching and found one. It's been sitting lonely by the door - now I have another idea for it. I wasn't so thrilled with cutting paper to fit all the little holes so the PB version seems more doable. Plus I hadn't settled on a theme. Hmmmm.
Fun to think about! I did one easy project last weekend - took a 99c plaque and added a cute story/poem my niece wrote about her (other) grandmother. Added a few buttons and ribbon and wah lah! Fun stuff.


On Memorial Day I did some furniture shopping at Star and snagged two cool deals. This chair arrived yesterday. I can't seem to find a picture of it but it's a nice big comfy chair with ottoman in a light microsuede fabric. I've stopped the pups twice now from getting up on it and they both look at me incredulously like, you're settling limits for us! Yep - we want to keep the new stuff looking nice for a while! The sofa is for the sunroom and it's a large celadon (green) sectional which will fit perfectly near the window. Good for naps and reading! It won't arrive til end June but first rainy Saturday we have - I'll be on it!

And finally, I mentioned I brought alot of books and mags during vacation. I finished one book in a little over a day, called 90 Minutes in Heaven by Don Piper. It was recommended to me by my new scrapping friend, Anita and she was right. It's uplifting, and an easy read. It gives a great insight into Heaven and life lessons. "Ask for help" was probably the biggest message I got, so I'm practicing that with the care of my Mother. Good stuff. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: