Sunday, June 08, 2008

Stationery it is

While in New Orleans recently, on my way to Destin we stopped in a couple of shops near Lakeside. EarthSavers is one of my all time favorite stores anywhere - I just like the lotions and potions. It's a NOLA area exclusive store - my favorite is over in Mandeville. I also found these beautiful black and white embossed cards. Each one is flocked and absolutely perfect. They were at Lazybug but I found some here, finally!
I found the fleur de lis ribbon at Scriptura which is right next to EarthSavers. Very cool stationery store - unusual stuff. We finished off the trip with cafe au lait and beignets at Morning Call - who cares if it was 4 o'clock and almost time for dinner! It's New Orleans!
The prayer card I made, St. Theresa's Prayer is my favorite prayer and I need to be reminded often of the second line... I cut a page from a board book as the base and I keep it in my calendar.
Hey - did you know that Anna Griffin now has a blog? I enjoyed reading her entry about the NY Stationery show. I'm wild about those extreme die cuts - they look yummy. There's a website Oakleaf Acre that features alot of AG products but I haven't been able to locate the large blue diecuts. Hopefully they will be available soon.
In the meantime I'm enjoying several new and a few olds blogs. Definitely Ali Edwards - I'm following every link. And Karen Russell is a must. If you look at Elsita's blog - May 7th entry - I am soooo loving her puppy picture. I am asking for one of my own with my favorite furry babies. I found Elsa while looking at Creature Comforts. Love how her May 27th post refers to the Ann Carrington canvas in Gwyenth Paltrow's house - I fell in love with the photos of her Hampton house. I didn't realize that the canvas was made of buttons! I would love to have that canvas!
I'm off to unpack from St. Louis. I had an absolutely AMAZING time that couldn't have been any better, I don't think. I will post about it in the next day or so - I'm still sorting my photos. What a great time - was had by all!

1 comment:

kathylnorthup said...

peggy,
it was a pleasure to meet you while you were in st. louis. i hope i get to see you again sometime!

take good care of yourself,
kathy