Saturday, May 17, 2008

Disney Paint

While the weather was nice and cool today (what is UP with that, anyway?) it was overcast and cloudy and c'mon, just give us a big ol thunderstorm, already, allright? Geesh. There's nothing like scrapping and watching the droplets fall outside my window. Even a gusher would be okay (provided I'm home and nowhere to go...). But no. not today anyway. Over the past 24 hours I've spent HOURS plugging and unplugging electronic devices in my home and talking to India and Shreveport. I think having problems with my internet service is right up there with root canal or car accident. Just grates on my nerves. My DVR player fried during our last storm (weeks ago) and I've been meaning to take it to Comcast but before I left today, I thought, why not try the old pluggerooo? Never has the word ~boot! looked so lovely. Divine. Another hour or two of the day belonged to me and not standing in that line with gnarly people who haven't paid their bill and want to get home to see Springer.
I did several mundane tasks and finally set out for Chipolte and Home Depot and as a scrapbooker, let me just tell you, that I totally SCORED! This was so amazing. I was pricing a cabinet for my scraproom (it finally dawned on me to get this crap put behind closed doors and add a table to the living room. I think moving away from the computer will free up HOURS of scrap essential time. Smack. Back to the subject. While cruising past the paint section, I saw these. Look right between the lady and the little girl... see all those Paint Samples. Yes, that's what they are - Paint Samples in the shape of Mickey Ears - too cute! and hmmmmm, wouldn't they be just IDEAL for my pages for our Disney trip at Christmas. So cute - they about 2.5 x 3" and I can't decide whether to use them on a single page or as page dividers. Not sure if I'll cut them out or leave them as samples. Just too cute. Total Score! Now as a scrapbooker, can't you just feel the love!
I'm working on making these cute photo wallets. Jen Walker of Creative Stamps and Stickers created it and up close, it is just the cutest. I've been showing it to everyone and once I worked on wrapping the belt around (the perfectionist in me wasn't satisfied), I really like how they turned out. (I switched the belts to make them contrast). I'll make more tomorrow and take a photo - cute little brag books to put in your purse. CSS has several cute projects - I'm going to make the debit card holder tomorrow too. Don't you think we should have this cuteness to show the world, it's our duty as scrapbookers. I made mine out of brown Bazzill bling with a pink bling belt, a flower and a button. There are several variations at Splitcoast Stampers also and a gallery with tons of examples. Instead of a belt, some girls did a slider, which is cute. And lots of variations on the enclosure. So fun. Let's hope it rains tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Peggy

Love the wallet - cute cute!