Sunday, August 10, 2008

Leftovers

Well, it looks like the weekend is coming to a close and I did manage to get to IKEA for Expedit shelves and Liatorp buffet. In and out in 30 minutes, folks... can you believe it! I've gotten 5 of the 6 pieces into the house and that's about it. That stuff is HEAVY! Saturday night we had a family dinner for my Mother's 85th birthday. It was really nice. I love watching my niece and nephew growing up. It still amazes me to hear them talk - they're 9 and 11. Sunday I took a ride over to Brenham with Karen to see Leftovers Antiques. Very cool store that I saw in Country Living - they have an incredible display of purple glass (all recovered from a landfill!) Lots of great vinettes and some wonderful nesting boxes that should have gone home with me. We both managed to snag a gift for ourselves. I found a vintage pink cake stand (that is VERY heavy) and Karen found a four tiered silver stand that had some beautiful detail on the edge. I also managed to pick up a little giftie for a girl that lives in Laurel, MD... Whoooooooo could it beeeeeeeeeeeeeeee???? And a birthday present for my sister (in October). I'm getting my ducks in a row for London - shopping, theater (Phantom of the Opera, let's hope!) and Kensington Palace (thanks, Boo). I am working on a Shutterfly photo book - my first. I just think it is going to be the best way to keep my memories for certain scrapbook trips. Let's face it, I'm not going to get a scrapbook done this year - so this is a good compromise. I can't wait to finish it! I'm working on the ARTistry Vancouver March 2007 trip right now.
This display is from Kuhl + Linscomb in Houston. I had to take one of the petite green vases home with me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's me - It's ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I am so excited!