Sunday, July 08, 2007

Making up for Lost Weekends

Last weekend I missed 3 trips for scrapbook shopping - Friday night I made sure we didn't repeat history! After the storms passed, I headed out to Archiver's and saw a beautiful card made with this stamp by Lil Davis, embossed in copper. It was stunning! Apparently the stamp is new and not out yet but I'll be tracking it down. They had masked the middle and put 50th for an anniversary card. It reminded me what a dramatic and classic statement embossing makes. I need to do it more often.
I started out this morning with a pocket full of cash - I sold Rachel's car to a co-worker and they picked it up this morning! Yes! I headed down south to the new scrapbook store, By Design to check it out. Well, it's everything it seems in the pictures - great attention to details and so much HKS & Anna Griffin product! This is my favorite room. These chairs were from a garage sale and the ottoman has 2 rows of bling bling trim. Look at that clock! I was amazed at all the little extras, everywhere you looked. I visited with Tracy and Pixie, who confirmed that Debby Schuh will be teaching on the 27th and 28th. I love Debby's albums and style plus she's just so nice. I'll definitely sign up for the classes - should be fun. The crop room looks great with 20 spaces.
Afterwards, I figured out a short-cut to Scrapbook Junkie and picked up a few goodies at Beth's. She's got the best, updated product and alot of it. I always manage to find a few tidbits that need to go home with me. Today I picked up the chocolate Making Memories funky vintage letters. These acetate alphabets have swirls and flowers on them - so cool! Can't wait to use them. You know what I thought was so cool - Tracy at By Design said that all the other local stores sent flowers - I saw the ones from Just4Fun and they were gorgeous. What a cool industry - that your competitors welcome you. Now that's class for you.
I came home and made fruit salad and headed over to Michelle's, my Creative Memories consultant and former neighbor - she is such a hoot. We cropped until 9 - and ate some great food. She made Hearty Tostada Soup - yum-o! You know the kind of laughing that your eyes water - well, the stories were flowing until the tears came. So much fun, that group. It was a good day.

No comments: