Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Sleep 'n Pancakes

While I'm on a roll, I'll share a bit some things.  Nothing too deep, don't worry!  I started about two weeks ago, going to bed at 10 pm and waking at 6 am - in order to get 8 hours of sleep.  I was tired of feeling tired when I woke up each morning and wasting about 2 hours, from 10 - midnight on the computer doing nothing important.  I'm here to tell ya - getting an 8 hour sleep each night is pretty wonderful!  And when I don't stick to the schedule, I definitely feel it in the morning.  I probably miss the mark once a week, but overall I'm proud of myself for taking care of myself.  Simple thing to do and worth it.
 
Second subject.  Well wait, do we need a photo here?  Just to break it up.  Okay, let me go get one.  Here are a bunch of quilts I have.  I need to sell some...  I had a friend say in an email the other day something about her "good intentions" of getting creative with all the things she's buying was getting old!  Do you ever feel that way.  Struck a chord with me.  That's what they should call Pinterest... the land of good intentions.
 
Second subject is breakfast for dinner.  My brother and I have been doing most every Tuesday night for the past couple of months.  At IHOP on Washington/I-10.   Its so fun to have breakfast for dinner - what a treat!
 

And last subject is... travel.  I'm going to London on Friday for work.  Well, I'm going a bit early so I can shop at Portobello Market and Spitalfields Market and a few other places.  At the end of the week I'm jumping on the Eurostar to Paris for two days and one night... Yikes!  I don't speak French and I'm going alone but hopefully I will immerse myself in France and enjoy every moment.  Its going to be a good week!

1 comment:

Debe said...

You are the busy bee!! I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip. Brave to try Paris on your own but more power to you. Shopping....don't get in our way, right?? I would like to get together so I can browse those medals when you get back. Have fun!