Saturday, November 24, 2007

Cats and Dogs

This morning the heavens opened up and down came the cats and dogs. It was great because I had nowhere to go and could stay home the entire day and stay out of the nasty weather. It was a wonderful day to be home. I spent the entire day organizing my scrap room and several other things around the house. I start on one project and go to get a screw driver or scissors or something and then start another project. By the end of the day, they all get done but I get side tracked easily. I have 2006 Creating Keepsakes magazines that I need to give away - if you want them, let me know. I'll check with our local Yahoo group, Houston and Beyond. I made some yummy Turkey soup from the turkey carcas, perfect day for soup. I enjoy cooking but I am not one to slave away on Thanksgiving so we ordered our dinner from Boston Market for the second year in a row. It was excellent. I also served a ham. We had a nice relaxing day and I am so thankful that life is going back to normal. Everyone talks about all the things they are thankful for and I have to agree - its the little things. I am thankful that we have dependable garbage pick up - (am I crazy or what... but I really am). I put the stuff out Fri and by 9 am it was all gone - recycling too. Now, that is pretty cool - they could have skipped it and told us to wait a week. I'm thankful for hard working garbage men.
I ventured out yesterday for a few hours and it went so smoothly. I HAD to check out Scrapbook Junkie's new location and I'm soooo loving it. Great location, nice wide open space and a terrific crop room. I never have taken a class there or cropped but that will definitely change in 2008. I stopped in at Hobby Lobby and bought a bunch of Christmas wrapping and a gold star ornament that I altered with some Christmas paper. I've been wanting to do that since I saw Heather's metal ornament last week at the Scrap Etc crop. Then I stopped in at Target for the 1000 count sheets that were $19. A sales clerk went into the back and found the king flat sheet. Yipee! It was a great shopping excursion. I had thought about going out today but nixed it with the weather. That's about it - going to read my Creating Keepsakes magazine that came in the mail today. Good night.
Always remember the problems we have are first world problems.

No comments: