Friday, April 17, 2009

How Could I?

forget... On Sunday I tried herding some squirrels, er puppy dogs and out of 200 photos got a couple of good ones... I would love to post some of the out takes because now I sympathize with all the moms when they're trying to get their kids to stand still, look at the camera, for a picture. Jeez Louise, these dogs were just as bad. They really aren't keen on me whipping out the camera. Look, even my angel, Killer boy is misbehaving! (click on the smaller picture and you can see the devil coming out) Can you believe! Anyway, it was fun to once again try to capture them all together on film. I had such a difficult time getting all three in focus, so I'm really looking forward to getting into Karen Russell's online photography class in June so I can fix it! Just fix it. I did take my Canon to a retirement party for our company president, which was hard to give up my easy point and shoot Canon for the manual mac-daddy. But its the only way you'll learn. So hard to give up that comfort zone.







And I am so happy to say that in November, I will be attending Silver Bella again. Absolutely thrilled. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed it until several months later but besides being a fantastic event (well organized, good people - like Scrap St Louis which is next week!), I thrive on those types of projects now. I didn't say I've been doing the stitching and glittering, but I love looking at them... Another great way to get out of your comfort zone and stretch... I will get there! I'm taking two Rebecca Sower classes, one Charlotte Lyons, one Pam Garrison and one Corba. It's too early to go look them up and I'm going to be late for work... Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh, you are sneaky. Two posts in a few hours. I know what you mean about photographing dogs, try a parrott! Glad to hear you made it to Silver Bella again. I guess it's on hold for me since I made it into CE. Have a good May..If your travels get you to San Diego call me. I'll be there all month.

Megan said...

Oh yeah - I'll live vicariously through you at another Silver Bella - are you taking the felted wool hat class - cause that one looks adorable.

Richard said...

Hello children.