Monday, January 16, 2006

I did it! I did it! I did it!

Can you believe it - I actually made it an entire week without purchasing scrapbook supplies. I tried and I did it. And It was Hard. You know what I'm talking about. What was funny was today I saw Oprah and her new book club book, Night by Elie Wiesel and I wanted to run out and get it. Even though I have 4 or more books sitting there waiting for me to read. I really have an accumulation disorder. I have to accumulate in order to feel good. It's a serious addiction!
Speaking of addictions, I am more than halfway through A Million Little Pieces and I have to say, y'all, I'm not getting it. What is all the fuss about? It could possibly be ruined because of The Smoking Gun and Larry King interview (which ran Friday and I saw it) because I just don't believe what he says. Especially if the dead girl's parents don't remember him, well, what does that tell you. You remember those events and details. I think he's just a Wannabe and he seems pretty melodramatic when he talks about vomiting up chunks of his stomach. Doesn't mean I put the book down and won't finish it but I'm just not getting the hoopla.
Well, the weekend was very quiet and I spent alot of time organizing my crafts room and paperwork. Hopefully to make way for more creativity. The desk is almost clear and the thank you notes almost written. I did a pretty unusual sympathy card for my Aunt Pat, but damn if I didn't close the envelope and forget to take a pic. I hate it when that happens...and it happens alot! It was pale pink with a fleur de lis embossed on a tag and some vellum with leaves. Her brother died in a hit and run car accident New Years Eve. They have had a hard year, after losing their house in Slidell to Katrina. That isn't suppose to happen when you're over 70.
Well, looking at the future, I'm hoping to hear about a job this week. This week or next but I'm feeling pretty darn hopeful.

No comments: