Thursday, February 02, 2006

Hello Dawlin

Today is the one year anniversary of my cousin, Deetsie’s death. She was my favorite person in the world and I miss her in a big way. I made a beautiful card for a few people, her kids, brother and a cousin. Surprisingly it helped my grieving process. I think it is one of the best cards I’ve ever made. I filtered two photos of her – when she was 3 and one from my wedding and printed them on vellum. The card came from Texas Art Supply and has beautiful platinum scroll work on a black background. I found some beautiful wide ribbon while at Maridawn’s yahoo crop and added a bazzill chip with her monogram. And I sealed it with a black embossed fleur de lis. She would have loved it.

The weatherman said it was a great day to take off. I did. Because my brother is in town and staying at my house tonight. Shopped at a bunch of different stores (Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Hobby Lobby, Talbots) and had lunch at my fav, California Pizza Kitchen. It was a most enjoyable day. The weatherman was right.
She always greeted me with "Hello, Dawlin".

No comments: