Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Life is So Sweet!


What a difference a week makes! While I am still majorly sleep deprived, I don’t feel as anxious and stressed out as I was. Where should I start? Birmingham was amazing and inspiring and I am so glad I went. I had my doubts about the organization and whether I would fit in – ha! So silly. Monique had a dream and a vision and has only had her store for 15 months. I am amazed at her creativity and ability to pull off something this big – there were over 300 people there. As I expected, Heidi Swapp was amazing and Cathy Z was fantastic and so r-e-a-l. I like Carrie’s style. I don’t really get Elsie but I can see why other people would. Just not my style. I feel changed after attending. I learned a lot, spend some time with introspection. I have a lot to do and create but my desk is covered in all the stuff, stuff I bought, stuff I was given and project stuff I didn’t finish. I am going to clear it off tonight so I can get started. I have to get started! Here's Heidi with my new friend, Ann.

I signed up for Creative Escapes in Arizona in September. Even booked the flight, which is so not me. Still have to reserve the hotel, which I’ll try to use Hilton points, if I can. I know it will be fantastic. It was a little hard not knowing anyone at B’ham but I plan on making friends before hand. Most people made me feel welcome and I made several new friends. Can’t wait!
My MIL is doing great. The aide is terrific, even makes my bed and does laundry. I feel guilty and spoiled a little. Just a little, mind you, not enough to stop it! My girls have been fantastic and helpful and I am so proud of them. A while back I was having such a hard time with them and now, it’s like we’re a family and we’ve pulled together and I am so grateful to have them with me. And I tell them so. It is so easy to relax and be good to them. Funny how things evolve. Ruth is settling in and it doesn’t seem as daunting as it was.
For the past couple of weeks, I have been searching for Coach Hampton Weekend Patchwork accordion wallet (whew – that’s a mouthful). It was sold out in the states and going for almost $100 over the retail price. I walked into the Coach store at the Galleria in Birmingham and this little baby was waiting for me. Life is so sweet! And its not random, it all has a purpose!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!! Sounds like you had a great time!!! That is great. I am jealous that you have already booked another one!!

Glad things have settled down and life is going smoother.

Valerie