Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Second Helping of Ketchup


When I started this thing, I thought I would be posting on here every day – ha! It’s not that my life has been extraordinarily busy lately – I just haven’t had the notion to share, I guess. I’ll try to be more open… Good news is that we are closing on the sale of the other house next week. I am thrilled not to pay two house notes which is no fun plus the upkeep with the pool and all. It will nice to have the extra monthly cash plus we have some good equity. I love thinking about the possibilities but I really would like to just put it in the bank and forget about it for a while. Take a breather. I want to get a couple of rental properties for income when we retire but I think I just need to ask DeWayne – let’s take a breather for 6 months.

I went to the podiatrist last week and yesterday. My left foot has been aching – it was tendonitis. She wrapped it plus some naproxen and it has helped. I like her a lot – I’m going to do my second bunion surgery sometime this summer.

Meanwhile, the calendar is filling up like a big dog. Lots of scrapping stuff, plus two graduations. I entered a design team contest for Maridawn’s – we’ll see if I make it to the second round. I had a great time this weekend – preparing for it and just creating and playing. Even got my sewing machine threaded and ready to go – I swear I will be sewing on my next layout or card. I still have more stuff to play with – Stazon white ink, for one. Also, on Thursday I went to Lone Star Scrapbooking for a Hero Arts catalog party. It was great fun – the rep didn’t show but another teacher did and she was terrific! Friendly and helpful with lots of tips and information. I had a great time plus bought a bunch of stamps with a discount! Works for me!

In two weeks I am going to Birmingham for the Scrapetc event - I am looking forward to it. Getting away, staying in a hotel and new scrap stuff. My first event to attend out of town. Not sure how to pack but I'll figure it out.

No comments: