Wednesday, January 31, 2007

More CHA

I mentioned Karen Russell's Wildberry collection yesterday - here's a pic from her blog. It just doesn't do it justice - the colors are beautiful together plus I am in love with her scalloped paper with lines!
There were a few booths at CHA that I totally missed - I don't remember seeing Basic Grey and unfort. Autumn Leaves was on the opposite end and I only zoomed by once. I'm crazy about their stamps. KI had the cutest make-n-take: a tiny red suitcase with a few flowers. I really wanted one but I didn't feel right doing m-n-t since I'm not a store owner.
These girls have some great CHA photos.
One thing that I saw everywhere was luggage (pink and this wild orange/gold) from Zutter. It's a binding machine for smaller projects. I didn't stick around for the demo but it seemed pretty neat and a TON of store owners were walking around with the luggage. I believe it was $99 for a bunch of pieces. I'll be interested to see if anyone in Houston got it.
I did see Maridawn and the ladies from Scrapbook Village at the show.
Pine Cone Press had all their beautiful BLING - it's not new but I am still crazy about it. And they have purple!
There were so many scrapbook booths to see but I did stop at one thread booth - Kreinik's. Apparently these people have been around awhile and I really enjoyed talking with Doug Kreinik because he had some awesome altered projects. The guy likes taking dollar store items and jazzing them up. He also used alot of these very cool things called beadlets. Maybe everybody has used them but I haven't. I'm ordering some today - I like jazzing up Target 1 spot stuff. Check out the Threadster pen - it was very cool. You just place some of the red tape down (and I have tons of it in all kinds of shapes) and you can draw any design with the thread. Then you fill it in with beadlets.
The Art Glitter booth was my first stop - while some of her suff is wild, I do like the art glitter. We used it at Creative Escapes and I also used it on my Christmas cards (thanks to Martha Stewart). It really does dress up a plain card. Martha showed some slides during her speech - I just love the snow effect.
Tinkering Ink has a very cool line called Covent Garden that looks great. I have to say their website it one of the coolest I've seen for scrapbooking. I'm not much for music but theirs appeals to me. Nice and mellow. This LO is from Tiffany Smith - just adorable.
My goal this weekend is to put some stuff on ebay! I've got too much stuff.

No comments: